March 19, 2009

Thursday 3: Aspirations

Thursday 13 is too much. Here's my Thursday 3 instead.

We all dream of being something interesting when we grow up. Here are three possibilities I considered.

1. A model - I dreamed of being Phoebe Cates. I subscribed to Seventeen magazine and SO wanted to be her (even if I didn't think she was a very good actress.) There's not much call for short models, though.








2. Stewardess - Back when they called them stewardesses, too! I loved the trashy book Coffee, Tea, or Me! I wanted to live that jet-setter life, traveling, meeting rich men, and dig those boots! Unfortunately, I was too short for that, too. Have to be able to reach those overhead compartments, I suppose.






3. A Professional Figure Skater - Peggy Fleming (right) and Dorothy Hamill (wanted her hair, too) Ekaterina Gordeeva were so graceful. I, on the other hand, am not particularly athletic.

What did you want to be?

3 comments :

  1. Love your choices, Kate.

    I wanted to be a marine biologist, a cruise director (Love Boat, anyone?), or a professional tennis player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I took ballet when I was little, so I wanted to be a prima ballerina!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Cruise director! Totally, Robin.

    Paige, I took ballet, too. It didn't take. LOL

    ReplyDelete