June 13, 2012

Love It Wednesday #3 - The Los Angeles Kings

A few months ago I started going to the Los Angeles Kings Hockey games with my husband. I don't like crowds and have never been a fan of any sport. The baseball games were always super boring. But I actually had fun at the hockey game, even if I didn't understand what was going on a lot of the time. Puck in the opponent's goal = a good thing was about all I understood.

Fast forward to today. I am a bonafide Fan.
  • I arranged my schedule so that I could watch the games on TV.
  • I own team paraphernalia. I want to get a jersey to wear to the games.
  • I actually enjoy the post game. (I'd always mocked my husband for listening. Me: Why do you have to listen to them talk about the game we just witnessed for ourselves???)
  • I want to cruise the streets of Manhattan Beach (where most, if not all, of the players live, in hopes of spotting one of them.)
  • I just re-read SEE JANE SCORE by Rachel Gibson, a book on my keeper shelf about a reporter and a hockey player, it's as pertient today as it was when I read it years ago. I loved this book and still do.
So this week's thing I love is the Los Angeles Kings, the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions. I was at Game 4, the game where they could have swept the series, but they lost. They lost again in New Jersey, and then won the cup at home on Monday. When the season starts again in the fall, I will be buying myself an official jersey to wear to the games.

1 comment :