July 20, 2012

Favorite Quotes #9 - Hockey Humor

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
Shane Doan and Dustin Brown

--Rodney Dangerfield

I used to dislike hockey because of all the fighting. I thought it was unnecessary. I thought the refs were idiots for letting it go on. Now, I'm coming to understand why it's a necessary part of the game. 


Obviously, hockey players have to be tough, which is why they make such wonderful romance novel heroes. We might marry accountants and lawyers and such, but we fantasize about big warriors, which is sort of all a hockey player is. 


Pictured is the captain of "my" team, the LA Kings, Dustin Brown. He's got the most adorable kids. His wife must be pretty. 


I hate her.


LOL. 

4 comments :

  1. Kate - a mutual friend told me about your books a few days ago, so I immediately had to buy one for my kindle. Fit to be tied is amazing on so many levels. The lifestyle detail in addition to the tarantula details were meticulous, and I loved how you were able to thumbnail lifestyle protocol in a way that wouldn't bore vanilla readers. I'm so happy you're living your dream.

    Love always,

    Tarlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - a mutual friend told me about your books a few days ago, so I immediately had to buy one for my kindle. Fit to be tied is amazing on so many levels. The lifestyle detail in addition to the tarantula details were meticulous, and I loved how you were able to thumbnail lifestyle protocol in a way that wouldn't bore vanilla readers. I'm so happy you're living your dream.

    Love always,

    Tarlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tarlie, how very very sweet of you to come visit my blog and tell me all those wonderful things about Fit To Be Tied.

    I don't live the lifestyle, but I get the feeling you do. If so, I really hope I was accurate. If not, please do tell me where I strayed. The info will come in handy should I ever decide to write more BDSM light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted a reply, and then I lost it. Probably because it was too wordy.

    What I meant to say was this: There were a few spots I thought rang a little tinny, but were necessary plot devices.

    The only thing I would have changed for sure was the fact that Max didn't assign Sadie some research, or give her a copy of "Screw the Roses, Give Me the Thorns".

    And, yes, since our paths diverged: I was liberated from my first marriage, wandered the lifestyle as a single, and then was thrown together with the Dom of a lifetime. Then we got married and had kids. So far, it does look like happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete