August 15, 2012

Entertaining Kate #1 - Movie

Rented Goon. I think It was the last of my hockey movie list. It was surprisingly cute, laugh-out-loud funny in a lot of places, and I really liked it. It showed a gritty side of hockey that wasn't present in Mighty Ducks, for example or Mystery, Alaska. The skating looked much more realistic than it did in Mystery. The main character is adorable, honest and sincere, despite his brawny abilities.

Labeled an outcast by his brainy family, a bouncer overcomes long odds to lead a team of under performing misfits to semi-pro hockey glory, beating the crap out of everything that stands in his way.

My only complaint: why didn't they have subtitles for the hearing impaired, something I'm starting to become??? They had them in Spanish, and that was it. Boo.

1 comment :

  1. That looks like a very entertaining use of Seann William Scott. I may have to watch it.

    I have to admit to LOVING The Mighty Ducks. The kids were SO cute.

    ReplyDelete