November 4, 2012

Favorite Quotes #11

Election day is not very far away. I asked for an absentee ballot and when filling it out, messed up and filled in the wrong bubble. The instructions said if one did that, to merely fill in the Official Sample Ballot and submit that instead. Unfortunately, I marked that thing up and crossed stuff out when I changed my mind a couple of times, so that solution was out. I went to the website and it seemed to me, although I'm not 100% sure, that I can just take the whole mess with me to my regular polling place and  get a new ballot. Cross your fingers for me. I really care more about this election than I ever have before.

So, here's a quote I think is appropriate this year, especially for my fellow Californians.


Our elections are free -- it's in the results where eventually we pay.

--Bill Stern, (1907-1971) actor and sportscaster

No comments :

Post a Comment