January 5, 2009

Blog Love Meme

My good friend, Robin Bielman, gave me this award, and I'm so excited about it. Not only is it a cute award (and it totally suits Robin herself), it means I'm not blogging every day to no one. My trusty Robin can be depended upon to come visit so my efforts are not a total waste of time. Every blogger should have a Trusty Robin.

Trying to pay it forward, I'm going to award this to other people, whose blogs I love.

1. Evie Byrne is a friend and fellow erotic romance author. Her recent release Dante's Inferno, I absolutely LOVED. The humor in that book was so wry, it had me, literally (ha! what a pun) laughing out loud. The historical Venetian setting, the artistic aspect, the wonderful description...I would highly recommend the book to anyone.

Anyway, she has an equally fantastic blog, but it's not for virgin eyes. It's dedicated to erotic art. Everytime I go there I'm entertained or educated, or both!

2. Another blog I really like is Risky Regencies. It's a group blog that is so packed with all sorts of Regency stuff. Going there can feel like time-travelling straight to England. Pip pip!

3. Lastly, I'll admit it--I'm a fantasy/sci-fi nerd. One of my very favorite books of recent years is NAME OF THE WIND by Patrick Rothfuss. So immersed was I in his world that even after I finished this book, I remained mesmerized for several days. It is THAT GOOD. This book will be a classic for, like, forever. Anyway, to my delight, he's a regular blogger and is so so so so funny. I can usually count on him to bring a smile to my face. And he's also very real. Like a normal person. He eats junk food. He uses the f-word on his blog. He squees over fan mail, of which he gets a ton. I just love the guy. I can't wait for the next book in the series. So, read the book and visit the blog.

4 comments :

  1. Aww, Kate! You made my day! You're a great pal! A fantastic writer! And I truly love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here all the time, too! I'm just not as big a suck up as Robin. (Who I love tremendously.)
    I'm just sayin'...
    OH, Robin, I'm kidding!!! Very cute idea. Maybe if I commented more, Kate would like me, too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanne, I'm flabbergasted that you're commenting at all! And puh-lease. As if I don't like you. Say that again and I'll have to bitch slap you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate! OMG! Thanks! You made my day too. And I'm pretty sure you're the only person who reads my blog. Which just goes to show you have fantastic taste! But seriously, thanks for all the comments and love.

    ReplyDelete