February 17, 2009

Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breasts

I made this last night and it was delish. When I make it again it will be with adjustments. (See below.)

Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breasts

4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Black pepper
4 slices prosciutto (I might get this from the deli case, because the package I bought had more slices than I needed.)
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried)
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 cloves garlic, unpeeled (I'd use way more. We love garlic.)
1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)

Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Lay the prosciutto on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle with the oregano. Lay each chicken breast on a slice of prosciutto and wrap the prosciutto around the chicken. (I never thought I'd say this, but my breasts were too big. I'd definitely make sure they were only about 3/4" thick. It took way too long to cook through.)

Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until the prosciutto is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.

Transfer the chicken and garlic to plates. If using the wine, add it to the skillet and simmer until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon over the chicken.

Yield: Makes 4 servings

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 254; FAT 9g (sat 2g); CHOLESTEROL 105mg; CARBOHYDRATE 3g; CALORIES FROM FAT 31%; SODIUM 458mg; PROTEIN 39g; FIBER 0g; SUGAR 0g

2 comments :

  1. Oh, yum! Hey, if you ever need a taste tester for anything, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words for you: Dexter Party. I tried a chicken recipe then, too. That reminds me to go see if the new season's out on DVD yet.

    ReplyDelete