February 13, 2009

Artist: Arne Quinze

Welcome to another Friday Gallery Showing on my blog. This is a photo of Arne Quinze, an installation artist. Here, he is working on a piece called Cityscape, installed in Brussels on September 14, 2007, and I don't know if it's still there. I imagine it is. This must have taken forever to construct and probably cost beaucoup bucks, so I'm sure the city of Brussels plans to get their money's worth out of it.

I am amazed by this because it looks so random, but you know it can't be. It had to be meticulously designed or else it might collapse. This bird's eye view allows you to see how huge it is.

And I am suddenly wondering how they kept the birds from soiling it.

I know. I'm weird.


If you'd like to see more of his work, go to the Arne Quinze website, or here where I got these photos.

Have a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment