June 29, 2012

Favorite Quotes #6 - Write, write, write

I learned never to empty the well of my writing, but always to stop when there was still something there in the deep part of the well, and let it refill at night from the springs that fed it.
Ernest Hemingway



I've started a new book. I was inspired by my team's win of the STANLEY CUP. I sort of got obsessed with hockey players. They're so darn virile. Like modern day gladiators. The last two stories I wrote were for men, so I want to get back to writing something for my own sex. 


I chose this quote because I write pretty slow. I need every trick I can find to help me produce more quickly, so this quote reminded me of something I used to do...stop in the middle of a sentence, where I know exactly what was going to come next. Then, when I start each day, I can really START. 


P.S. I never really did enjoy reading Hemingway, but maybe someday I'll give his stuff another chance.

No comments :

Post a Comment