June 27, 2012

Love It Wednesday #5 - I Scream!

This week I praise this book by David Lebovitz. I made the recipe below which is KILLER. I don't even like sour cream, but this ice cream is to die for and so easy to make.


Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream

Yield: Makes 1 1/4 quarts ice cream

ingredients:

1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vodka or kirsch (I left this out)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

directions:

1. Slice the strawberries and toss them in a medium bowl with the sugar and vodka or kirsch, if using. I left the alcohol out. Stir until the sugar begins to dissolve and all of the strawberries are coated. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Pulse the strawberries and their liquid with the sour cream, heavy cream, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until almost smooth, but still slightly chunky.
3. Refrigerate mixture for at least one hour. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Recipe from The Perfect Scoop

No comments :

Post a Comment