September 20, 2012

Hockey Tradition

Since 1995, whenever a team wins the Stanley Cup, each player (and other members of the organization such as coaches, equipment handlers, etc.) gets one special day with the famous trophy. I think this is such a terrific tradition.

I tried to win the opportunity to take a picture with the Cup at my local rink, Ice Station Valencia. I thought it would be a fantastic way to inspire my muse as I write the first of what I hope to be many hockey themed romances. Full of hope, I bought four raffle tickets, but alas, I didn't win. :(

Still, here are some of my favorite photos taken this summer, celebrating the Los Angeles Kings' win.

Dustin Brown's kids make a chocolate milk jacuzzi out of the Cup.

Mike Richards is concerned about the Cup's ability to swim.

Captain Dustin Brown at the grocery store. I notice he's in the kitty litter aisle... Please, Dustin, not in the Cup!
The boys celebrate in Vegas. YUMMO.
(Photo by Al Powers of Powers Imagery LLC)



No comments :

Post a Comment