May 21, 2013

Living in Limbo

On April 7, I participated in #CarinaPitch. This was a one-day Twitter event that allowed authors to pitch their books to Carina Press editors using a maximum of 2 tweets. It was a blast. I pitched my hockey romance, HARD TO RESIST, the first in a series about the fictional NHL team, the San Diego Barracudas.

My 2 tweet pitch read:

#CarinaPitch NHL News: Nurse accosted by irate fan while in line for an autograph. San Diego Barracuda Tim Stockdale defends her. 

Stockdale after the fight, "You don't treat women that way. Ever." #CarinaPitch #HockeyRomance 

To my delight, three editors requested to see the manuscript, Mallory Braus, Melissa Johnson, and Angela James. After a crazy weekend spent polishing the book, I submitted it.

Now, only ten more days remain until the purported deadline to hear from Carina about my hockey book, HARD TO RESIST. I really have no idea if this is a valid deadline. It's more like I heard a rumor about a rumor that the editors will get back to us by the end of May.

I have been hard at work on a second hockey book, tentatively titled HARD BODY. It was going to be a short novella, but now it looks as if it may actually be Book 2 in the Barracuda series. The characters had more to say than I had anticipated.

Photo by Prilfish (cc)

No comments :

Post a Comment