May 25, 2013

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

I have loved hockey romance since reading Rachel Gibson's See Jane Score in 2003. I have loved almost all her Chinook series books. I loved feeling like I was seeing behind-the-scenes of the sport, a sport about which at the time I knew absolutely nothing. It didn't matter. I still loved and enjoyed those books.

And now I'm about to be on the author side of hockey romance because Carina Press wants to publish HARD TO RESIST! No. Scratch that. They want my hockey book PLUS the second hockey book I haven't even written yet!

Fist pump.

They want to develop a marketing plan for my hockey romance series. Yeah, baby. That's what I'm talking about. I have begun to daydream about Julia Quinn Bridgerton Series type success.

Photo by ME. This was taken when I went to a Kings practice at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo. I had an absolute blast. At the time I had a hard time identifying the players because I didn't know them by number. If I went today, it would be a completely different story. I know my boys.

And by the way, they're still in the running for the Stanley Cup. Sunday is Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks. I can't wait.

No comments :

Post a Comment