August 20, 2010

Once Upon A Kiss Celebration Week - Day Three

Fairy tales will always appeal to me. Maybe I was a princess in a previous life. Or maybe a frog.  I especially like the ones that end happily with two people in love.

In Once Upon A Kiss, the erotic romance that will be coming out on Wednesday, Livvy wishes for her own "fairy tale ending." All sorts of trouble ensues when the wish fairy granting the wish uses unauthorized street magic, but that's the nature of fiction. Sh*t happens. It has to, otherwise no one would read it.

Anyway, I just wonder what your favorite fairy tale is, happy ending or not. If you name your fave in the comment section, you might win one of my books. (Winner to be announced August 25.)

Artwork Old French Fairy Tales (1920) by Virginia Frances Sterrett

12 comments :

  1. Not sure if this counts but I love the 10th Kingdom. My daughter and I have watched it 20 times. Love Ella Enchanted & Ever After.... guess I love re-told fairy tales :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, what is the 10th Kingdom? Is that a TV show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading remade erotic fairy tales. I love lots of them but I'd say that Beauty and the Beast will always be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Eve. I LOVE Beauty and the Beast. Am I the only sissy who cried at the end of the Disney movie where Beast "dies?"

    Robin McKinley wrote a great novelization of B and the B, but it's not erotic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have to vote for Beauty and the Beast. Belle's the only one who goes after her fairy tale ending. The rest wait for Princes Charming to save them.
    And congrats on the new release Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Cinderella. . . There's just something about the rags to riches part of that story that will never stop appealing to me!

    :: looks around for my fairy Godmother ::

    Congrats on your new release. . . it sounds fantastic! I can't wait to read it!

    :D

    Kele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhian, didn't the Little Mermaid go for it, too? Course, she ended up as sea foam, so maybe she's not the best example. LOL

    I love rags to riches, too, Kele. There was a musical once of Cinderella...The Slipper and the Rose? Can't remember, but there was a song from it that was just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think for me Beauty and the Beast is the one. Of course, I really like most any Grims Fairy Tale. I don't mind not having a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So far, Beauty and the Beast is winning! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm... I like so many. If I had to pick one, I'd say The Little Mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Robin, the classic one (not so happy ending) or the Disney version?

    ReplyDelete