April 15, 2009

T-Shirt Hilarity

I am becoming more disenchanted with the Bella and Edward world. I just watched the movie last weekend and was less impressed than I was with the book. I wanted to laugh several times (at non-funny parts), but thought that might ruin the experience for my family. (My 15 year old son liked the movie.)

So, an online writer friend sympathized with my disenchantment and told me about this t-shirt. Here's the blurby thing from the site where you can buy it.

Don't you think the vampires-are-people-too thing has gone a little too far? I mean, the whole point of a vampire is that they survive by sucking your blood. I don't care if his skin glows and twinkles and he smells like kittens and fabric softener, he's still just a glorified syringe. Remember the last time you had blood drawn? Yeah, me too, and it sucked! It's time we put an end to this nonsense: Edward, may I treat you to a stake dinner?

Now, I have never watched Buffy, but this still cracked me up. Kittens and fabric softener? LMAO!

2 comments :

  1. You know, I have to agree with you. I haven't read the books, but I just watched the movie yesterday and I really don't get what all the hype is about. The acting was some of the worst I have ever seen. That Bella chick drove me nuts with her constant eye fluttering. And while Edward was certainly cute, I couldn't for the life of me imagine what the hell she was so attracted to in him. If that was in the book, it sure didn't come across on screen. Or perhaps I am just so old and jaded that I've forgotten what teenage love was like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I'm feeling a little old and jaded, too! Yeah, Bella bored me. Edward was nice to look at, but a tease.

    ReplyDelete