April 30, 2009

Thursday 3: Wii Fit

The real meme is called Thursday 13, but I only do 3.

I recently bought a Wii system specifically so I could also buy the Wii Fit "game." I had tried Wii Fit while on vacation last year and thought it might just be the only way ever invented to get me to do tortur--er, exercise.

Here are my three favorite yoga poses from Wii Fit.

1. Sun Salutation - This pose requires you to bend over and touch your toes. I'm an inflexible, crotchety middle-aged woman. I can't do that without bending my knees, but actually, I'm getting there. When I first started Wii Fit, I was about eight inches away from touching my toes. Now I'm about 3! I'm getting more flexible. The crotchety part still applies.

2. Bridge - This pose I feel a lot in my butt and thighs.

3. Cobra - This pose is a little tough on my sore shoulder, but I like how it stretches out my lower back.

Do you have a Wii Fit? What are your favorite yoga poses? If you don't have a Wii Fit, do you want one?

10 comments :

  1. The Wii sounds like a lot of fun!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Wii, but no Wii Fit - yet. And I've never done yoga. Must try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a wii as it's too expensive and not exactly apartment friendly. My sister has a wii (which I have played) and wii fit (which I've not) and loves it.

    http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a Wii but no Wii Fit YET. I really want one though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wii Fit looks cool, but I have to be able to afford the Wii first and then have the time to use it second.

    Kind of like my weight set and recumbent exercise bike, which have now become kitty perches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a Wii, but I've been wondering if I want one. Hm. I think I might some day!

    Great T3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a Wii, but I really should get back to doing yoga. It really is great for flexibility and feeling better.
    Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried my SIL's wii fit - she and my nephew love it. I have a lot of problems because the moves really stress my knees - the step, the tennis, the jogging, all of it. *whine* lol

    E

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a Wii yet but want to get one... looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete