April 2, 2009

Thursday 3: The Show Must Go On

I love going to theatre, but I hate the high prices. Regardless, here are the last three live shows I went to see.

1. Phantom of the Opera - This was at the Pantages in Hollywood. It was a good performance, but not the best I've ever seen. I thought the woman playing Christine was a little weak. The man playing the Phantom was AWESOME.


2. Honk, Jr.- My son was in this play, put on by the Placerita Junior High Drama Club. It, too, was a musical. One of the female leads made me teary at the end when she was crying over the body of her daughter.


3. Wicked - It's funny how some musicals can really ENTRANCE the majority of the people and leave me feeling meh. Wicked was one of those plays. Wasn't all that thrilled with Cats or Les Miz either.

No comments :

Post a Comment