April 9, 2009

Thursday 3: Twilight Semi-Fan

Thursday 13 is too much. I only do three.

I just finished New Moon, the second Bella and Edward book. Again, I'm underwhelmed. Here are three reasons why (spoilers may ensue):

1. It begins with 400 pages of not much: Bella angsts over losing Edward (a hell of a lot), hallucinates, and makes a new best friend. The final 100 pages or so are better. Stuff finally happens.

2. Bella uses Jacob horribly. As soon as Edward comes back into the picture, she dumps him. Bitch. Jacob deserves better. Bella is not a heroine I like.

3. I'm sorry, but I can't buy that a roomful of tourists are drained of their blood in Volturra and no one in the media makes a big fuss. Is this a regular occurence? Why haven't the authorities discovered the existence of a vampire coven?

I'm going to give Eclipse a chance, only because a friend at work said number four is really good. I hope the library is able to get me a copy before I lose interest. The movie should be arriving via Blockbuster tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

4 comments :

  1. Oh, I loved all the books, Kate! The movie? Not so much. That I was underwhelmed with. I didn't like the actress that played Bella at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the books and haven't seen the movies. Have to admit, I like my vamps a little less teenagey. More like Angel, let's say! He's my favorite vamp! LOL!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the books or seen the movies, but I'm not really sure I'd dig them all that much. I'm sort of over the whole vampire thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'm just getting old. :( I got the movie in the mail today from Blockbuster. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete